Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Say Cheese

What do you eat for Christmas dinner?
Do you eat a traditional meal or a what ever sounds good in the moment?
We ate something different every year. The thing I remember the most is my grandma's short ribs. Oh man my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

On Tuesday I made a Christmas lunch for my team. I put together a baked potato bar that I thought was pretty delish.
It included:
Chili
Chicken
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Onions
BBQ Sauce
Broccoli
Cheese Sauce

I definitely think the cheese sauce was the star of the meal.
It was quite delicious. I am pretty sure I could have taken a bath in it. So if you are planning on having baked potatoes for Christmas dinner or just need to put cheese on top of something here is the sauce I threw together.

Ryanne's Super Yummy Cheese Sauce
{This made enough for 12 people to enjoy more than enough}
1 block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
1 block of Colby Monterey Jack Cheese grated
1 can of Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 1/2 cups of sour cream
1 cup of milk

Put all cheese and milk in a medium sized pot over medium/low heat and stir constantly until cheese is completely melted. Make sure you keep stirring so the cheese doesn't burn. Then add soup and sour cream and stir to well mixed. Then salt and pepper to taste (I use garlic salt, Lawry's Seasoning salt, and kosher salt...what? I like salt. I wish I had Bacon Salt, it would have been perfect for this dish). When it is seasoned to your taste turn the heat down to low stirring occasionally until you are ready to serve. If it is too thick for your liking add milk a 1/2 cup at a time.
Pour over potato, broccoli, chicken or dip veggies or bread in it and enjoy!
As Julia would say "Bon Appetite"

XO
Ryanne

No comments: