Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Witt Christmas Tradition

Jonathan and I have a tradition of buying each other an ornament every year that we started our first married Christmas. It was actually Jonathan's idea...which makes it even more special for me.

Here are the four years of ornaments...

2006
Jonathan gave: The Diet Coke
Ryanne gave: The (dreaded) Music Note
I really pride myself in being a great gift giver. And yet I bought this ugly music note for my husband with the explanation "You love music". Every year it goes on the tree and every year Jonathan makes fun of me.


2007
Jonathan gave: The Starbucks Cup
Ryanne gave: The Colts Helmet
After the 2006 fiasco I learned my lesson. Instead of looking to Target for ornaments I discovered just what I needed to redeem myself on the internet.

2008
Jonathan gave: The Twilight Ornament
Ryanne gave: The Cheeseburger Ornament
Not only did I do better...I did awesome. I managed to buy an ornament that Jonathan loved and that I thought was beautiful and didn't mind having on the tree.

2009
Jonathan gave: The Gnome with REAL sticks
Ryanne gave: The 2007 Fantasy Football League Champion
Yup...you read that right...2007. That is when he won, and like a good wife I remembered.

XO
Ryanne

No comments: