Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sleeping with the Lights On

Most nights I fall asleep with the lights in our bedroom on. I settle into my warm bed and read for a little bit, and then when I can't keep my eyes open for one second longer I put down my book turn on my side and go to sleep. I do this knowing that my husband will come in to our room turn the TV on and turn all the lights off. You may think I am being considerate to him, but really I am just being lazy. I am far too warm and cozy to reach up and turn the lamp off next to my bed.

But let's be honest...a lot of my life is dictated by laziness. All of my TV watching can be chalked up to one thing...laziness. I should be doing laundry or washing dishes or doing anything else besides watching TV. But I don't feel like it. I probably should be cleaning. Oh man I hate cleaning.

The thing is whenever I finish cleaning...I have to clean all over again.
I dust and the next day there is dust everywhere.
I Windex and the next day there are spots on the mirror.
I Swiffer and the next day there are crumbs on the ground.
It is never ending.

So I would much rather read a book or a magazine or watch a movie.
Which then makes me sleepy.
So I get in my warm, cozy bed and go to sleep...with the lights on.

No comments: