Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

DIY: Santa Beard on a Stick

Every year around Christmas my team at work heads to the Grand Californian by Disneyland for what we call the "State of HSM" it is a chance for us to reflect on the past year, and talk about what we are challenging ourselves to do in the year ahead. And we ALWAYS take a team picture in front of the giant Christmas tree at the Grand Californian. I had read about photobooth props on one of my favorite blogs, and decided I was going to make some for our picture this year.
Here is how I did it.
I used the fold in half stencil technique. After drawing several Santa Beards this is the one that won.



Then I bought...yes bought...chopsticks because when you think of an idea at 11:00pm the day before, it can be difficult to find a Pick Up Stix that is open. I jut glued one chopstick to the back of each Santa Beard and mustache.


I made one of each: Santa Beard and Mustache.


Then I tested it for size preference. Seems like a perfect fit.


{This is me saying Ho Ho Ho...obviously.}

Then I got to work making one for each person my team. Which actually didn't take me too long.


Then we posed for our picture...and I can I just say that I love it!

THEN...the security guard made us throw them out before we could go into the park. I actually anticipated that happening so I was happy that they didn't take me too long. You never know how you can assault someone with a bunch of Santa Beards on chopsticks. A few of them made it in...which made for some funny pictures at lunch.

Better get busy making yours. Christmas is only 14 days away!
XO
Ryanne

3 comments:

mamawitt said...

LOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!! You are so creative!!! And I love that you ... just do it!!!
Merry Christmas, love!!!!

Chelsea Maureen said...

This is perfect!!! Um...is Phil wearing Christmas pajama pants?

Ryanne said...

Chelsea...that is the exact thing that Jonathan asked when he saw it. He didn't say anything about the beards.

The answer is yes, and he wore them all day. ALL DAY.