Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My house is dirty...

I just want to put it out there. I was reminded of this as I swept my floor on Monday.


The truth is just thinking about the laundry I do every Monday can sometimes overwhelm me. I am not a fan of vacuuming, dusting, or sweeping. My best friend is a Clorox Bleach Wipe. The thing is, unless I am naive, I don't think people are disgusted by my house. I think I do a pretty good job of pretending that it is clean. And even though there is dirt in my house there is also a lot of other things. There is love. There is full refrigerator. There is entertainment. There is a place to sleep for anyone who needs a place to stay. There is always an open door to visitors. The best part of my house being kind of dirty is that I am always ok when people come over...announced or unannounced. I don't feel like I have anything to hide or like they are expecting something different or even like I need to pick up before they get here. You just need to know that what you see is what you get, and if there are dishes in the sink...well...it has just been one of those weeks.

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

A clean house is a sign of a mis-spent life. Good for you filling your time with loving on people instead of cleaning. Keep it clean enough for the health department, but dirty enough that everyone feels comfortable.
By the way...my house now? You don't have to take your shoes off to walk on the carpet and you can eat in any room of the house. If you spill, i'll wipe it up. Life is so much better now.

Ange said...

Hey Ry--I like messy homes. it shows that you live in it and that if you spill spaghetti on the floor nobody is going to flip out. maybe if we ever hang out I could spill spaghetti at your house. one of these days my friend.....