Pages

Friday, March 07, 2008

Flea Markets

So I have been reading lots of blogs about design and home decorating lately, and I decided that I want to maybe start shopping at some flea markets. I am kind of scared, because you kind have to be good at bargaining, and I don't know if that is one of my strengths.

Here are the ones that I have heard of that are supposed to be pretty good. Of course most of them are in the LA area, but they might be worth the drive:

Melrose Trading Post
Sundays: 9am to 5pm
$2 admission

Pasadena City College Flea Market
1st Sunday of the month - 8am to 3pm
FREE

Rose Bowl Flea Market
2nd Sunday of the month - 9am to 3pm
$8 admission
(This one is huge...it has 2500 vendors)

Long Beach Antique Market
3rd Sunday of the month - 6:30am to 3 pm
$5 admission

Santa Monica Outdoor Antique & Collectible Market
4th Sunday of the month - 8:30 am to 3pm
$5 admission

Wanna come?

2 comments:

neely said...

i love flea markets...if i lived there i would totally go with you!

Julie Hibbard said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to ANY of these! Start with some of the little shops down in Laguna...there are MANY "flea market" type stores down there. Old stuff that can be bargained for. There's one at 3rd street and PCH owned by a lady named Maureen. It is where I purchased 90% of the furniture in my home. Tiny little, cramped store. She plays "let's make a deal" with me all the time.
I would LOVE to go to one of the big shows with you some day!! Let me know when!