Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

You Win Some, You Lose Some

I guess not every adventure can be the best (Why not, universe? Why not?), but at least we can try.

Now I want to clarify, there are worst things I can do than go to the Pueblo Zoo (I just sang that line to that song from Grease that Rizzo sings when she thinks she is knocked up. Anybody?). The zoo wasn't all bad, I just will never go there again.

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?
About a month before we moved I got a text from Ange asking if she should buy a Groupon to the Pueblo Zoo (it is safe to say home girl has got an addiction in the form of Groupon buying). As a lover of animals, adventures, and good deals I told her to go for it.

Fast forward six weeks the subject of said Groupon comes up and it is revealed that the zoo is in Pueblo (duh! Pueblo Zoo) which is about an hour and a half away. But seeing how when the Groupon was purchased we weren't Colorado residents, our vast knowledge of Colorado had not yet been tapped in to. This is proof that she has an addiction, because she didn't even check to see where the deal was located. After extensive teasing we all agreed we would still go and check out the zoo.

Fast forward two months. Time was running out on that sad Groupon and even though it only cost her $15 ( for four admissions...can you say "red flag"?) we felt like we needed to use that sucker. So we waited for a little warmer day and planned a small road trip to the zoo with the lowest expectations possible.

First stop, Cracker Barrel.
Because gravy makes everything seem great.

What a proud mom moment.

After we stuffed ourselves silly it was on to the zoo. All the proof you need about how awesome the Pueblo Zoo is can be found with the first animal you see when you come in the zoo, please see the picture evidence below.

That's right. The first animal you see when you come is a raccoon.
We probably should just end this post here.




The best part of the zoo was the penguins.
It was also the worst smelling part of the zoo.

This penguin is posing perfectly for my Vine.

...and my Instagram.


The most beautiful and terrifying peacock I have ever seen.









Oh, I think I spoke too soon. This elk is doing tricks.
Actually never mind.



I mean...can you even handle it?


And then just like that our time at the Pueblo Zoo ended.
Too bad.

No comments: