Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Gang's All Here: The Sequel

If you know my husband, you know one thing is for sure...he LO-VES football. So when I found out that his 30th birthday was actually on Super Bowl Sunday this year I of course started dreaming about ways to get him to the Super Bowl for his birthday.

But you know, tickets are like $2500 a piece, and we haven't won the lottery yet...so...there went that dream. But I still got him. And oh boy...surprising my husband is the very best.

It all started with a text from Tim asking if Jonathan's birthday weekend would be a good weekend for him to come for a visit.

It took Ange and I two weeks to decide how the surprise was going to go down. Then we texted each other ALL day the day Tim arrived. I basically started having an anxiety attack the second I got the text that he landed. My favorite exchange went as follows...

Ange: Josh and Tim just got here. Josh is going to take a quick shower and then we'll head over.
Ryanne: I think I am going to have a heart attack.
Ange: I already had one.

Once Josh and Ange snuck him in the basement I went down, and as soon as I saw him I walked straight into my bedroom, because I couldn't even handle that he was there and Jonathan didn't know it.

Some how I got Jonathan to come downstairs. I think I yelled something like, "Come down here, Ange needs your help." You know just using my super quick thinking and superb acting skills. Whatever. It worked didn't it? Let me help you...yes it did.

 Gotcha.
{Don't mind Ange's celebration hand in the way.}

 I mean...how freaking cute is that surpised face.
{Please note Josh...also in a celebrating pose...clearly all involved were relieved the plan had worked}

 Just buddies hugging.
{Immediately after taking this photo I laid face down on the ground, because I thought my heart was going to explode from adrenaline}

After I asked Jonathan exactly 103 times if he was really surprised, we decided to make some plans for the weekend. And even though our house had only been back on our diet for two days since the gang left, we threw caution to the wind, and decided Jonathan's birthday weekend was a good weekend to eat whatever the heck we wanted.

 Please note the belly (Macy's, not Tim's)...oh AND the socks.

As you know, I love visitors that want to be active, but also want to a lot of sitting around and hanging out (if you plan on visiting, I hope you are taking notes). So we did A LOT of eating and even more sitting around. We did manage to go to Golden one day and eat that delicious sandwich that I can't stop dreaming about. Also, the main thing to do in Golden is go on the Coors Brewing Company. And you know me any free activity is always worth a try.

In case you are wondering...I did take Macy on this tour with us, and as we were walking in some girl who really enjoyed her three free sample beers yelled, "Woo Hoo, babies and bars"

This is me acting like I am "cold". I did a lot of acting that weekend.
I should probably get my invite to the Oscars any day now.






Strangers were eating this pose up. I heard actual audible laughter.
I am also pretty sure they thought we were drunk from our three free 
sample beers, but here is a secret for you - I didn't even drink them, I can be this zany totally sober.

After the tour we drove up a mountain to Buffalo Bill's Grave.
Because, as you can imagine, nothing mixes better than free beer and windy roads. If I am being honest there wasn't a whole lot to see up there, but some how I still managed to take two pictures.



I guess we really enjoyed the eating and hanging out part when Tim was here, because I don't have any other pictures from any other days. And I am not really sure I can remember what else we did. I suppose we watched the Super Bowl on Jonathan's birthday, but I was to distracted counting down the minutes to the Destiny's Child reunion. It was fun none the less. I just have one question...who's next?

1 comment:

Josh Treece said...

"but here is a secret for you - I didn't even drink them, I can be this zany totally sober." Best quote ever? Best quote ever. I'M NEXT! I'M NEXT!