Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Heart Mama Mia


I know all the buzz this weekend was about The Dark Knight (which I saw and it was excellent), but there was another gem that I couldn't wait to see that also came out this weekend and that was Mama Mia. I caught it today with some of the girls, and I am pretty sure I smiled through every single part of it...unless of course I was singing along. There are a couple factors that made me know that it was going to be GREAT movie no matter what.

I HEART MUSICALS
Anytime someone breaks into song and dance my heart overflows with joy. If I know the words...wow! If I know the words AND the dance...well does it get any better than that?



I HEART ABBA.
I sing their songs in my car, in my office, while I am working out. I can't get enough of them - there music just makes you feel so good. I know for a fact if my life was made into a movie the soundtrack would have several ABBA songs on it.


I HEART GREECE.
OK...so I have never been there, but I love everything about it. The landscapes, the food, the people. I guarantee you I will go there someday.



I HEART AMANDA SEYFRIED.
She is basically in all of my favorite things: Mean Girls, Veronica Mars, and now Mama Mia. If she was in LOST my heart would explode.

I also really enjoyed Meryl Streep. I thought she did an excellent job. I am not quite at the pointing of LOVING her, but I do have a strong like for her between The Devil Wears Prada and Mama Mia.

1 comment:

sunshine said...

so pretty much the advertising poster for your favorite lady in mamma mia was made really crappy. it really bothers me. like, look at it one time, her neck is SO unnatural. its totally copied and pasted.

just thought i should share that with you.
but i love mamma mia too.