Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

One of my favorite blogs, Zen Habits, has done it again...it has spoken words that have gone straight to my heart. I was reading an article about being passionate about your job. I am VERY fortunate because I do love love love my job, and I know that it is God's calling on my life right now for this season. I was just telling someone the other day that my job is not a job - it is a lifestyle...and I love it. However, I feel like I have had lots of conversations recently with people who aren't sure if they should move on or stick it out where they are out.

The World Needs You to Do What You Love



The greatest change happens because of people that are deeply passionate,and have a great love for the work they do.

If you want to make a difference in the world, the single most important thing you can do is consciously and deliberately choose to do work that you are passionate about.

No other choice can have a greater impact on the planet, or your life.

If you’re doing work that’s boring, you probably won’t make much of an impact. You might provide people with some amount of value. Enough to pay your rent, enough to get by. But you won’t be inciting change. And you certainly won’t be inspiring others.

If you’re doing boring work, chances are you do just enough to not get fired.

But if you do work that excites you, keeps you up at night, and fulfills you… you’ll do more. You’ll give yourself to it completely. You’ll put in extra time, more energy, more passion. Because it’s worth it. It’s satisfying.

At the end of the day you’ll think: “My time was well spent today.”

No comments: