Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

NEW Mexico

My husband hails from New Mexico. And apparently there you have the attitude of "I can make fun of it and you can laugh, but you can't say anything negative about it."

So when I went to the Cheesecake Factory to order a cheesecake to be delivered (to someone else, not myself...although what a lush life that would be?) I found it quite funny to see this warning on the website:

*NOTE* We cannot ship to New Mexico addresses.

Of course they can't. Also, you can't drive rented cars into New Mexico, and Jonathan has let me know several times that The State of Enchantment is about three years behind on trends of all kinds.

1 comment:

Sherah said...

OK, had to post to this one! :) Being from NM I am offended that you would be bashing my state. There are many great things about NM that you left off your blog. Like we have .... wait, I'm still thinking.... we have.... come on... I know we have something better than your state. It'll come to me and then I show you!