Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

Ryanne Witt Literary Society

I didn't read nearly as many books as last year, but I still think I did pretty good.
I know you are dieing to know what I have been reading {who isn't} so here is the list:

1. Water for Elephants Sara Gruen
2. Madame Tussaud Michelle Moran
3. The Hangman's Daughter Oliver Potzsch
4. Hector and the Search for Happiness Francis Lelord
5. Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble H.P. Mallory
6. Toil and Trouble, a Paranormal Romance H.P. Mallory
7. Bossypants Tina Fey
8. Always the Baker, Never the Bride Sandra D. Bricker
9. Patched Together: A Story of My Story Brennan Manning
10. The Family Man Elinor Lipman
11. The Help Kathrynn Stockett
12. Twilight Stephanie Meyer
13. My Horizontal Life Chelsea Handler
14. Redeeming Love Francine Rivers

I joined/formed a book club this year. We like to call ourselves a literary society.  None of us (read: the three of us) really knows what a book club does, so usually we spend about ten minutes talking about the book, and twenty to thirty minutes talking about how awesome our book club is. It is really broadening my horizons when it comes to literature.

Who am I kidding? If I learned anything this year it is that I am sucker for ninety-nine cent and free novels on my Kindle, and sometimes I need a little comfort in my life {Twilight}.

Oh well...here is to another 30 Book Goal for 2012. I am thinking I might revisit Harry Potter and Hunger Games. Just for fun.

No comments: