Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ca-li-for-ni-a

It has recently come to my attention that there is a chance I may not live in California for the rest of my life. Thinking about this makes me sad, excited and anxious all at once. I am a California girl to the bone. I was born and have only lived in California for all of my 29 years. Thinking about this also makes me stressed. I want to make sure I take full advantage of California while I still have it at my beck and call.So I decided to make a list
A list of things I would really LOVE to do before I bid California adieu {one day}.
A list of things I have done before, but not since I was a wee one.
A list of things I have done before, but husband hasn't experienced yet.
A list of things that I would like to do one more time.
A list of things that I probably wouldn't get on an airplane to come and do - when I could be spending that time visiting all my favorite people.


Here is what I came up with so far...
Whale Watching
Catalina
Stay at the Grand Californian
Stay at the Montage
Big Sur
Movie at Arclight
Concert at the Hollywood Bowl
Sing-A-Long Concert at the Hollywood Bowl
Salvation Mountain & Salton Sea
Queen Mary
Camp at Leo Carillo
Hearst Castle
Neighborhood
See the Sequoias & Kings National Park
San Francisco
Napa
Ride beach cruisers from Balboa to Huntington
Santa Barbara
Mammoth & Yosemite
San Diego Zoo
LACMA
 
What am I missing?
What would you add?
What do you think I should skip?

3 comments:

allyritchie said...

i love this list!! i'm stealing it.

xo
ally

Alanna Moine said...

Good list!

Made me a little nostalgic. Leo Carillo :)

Also, I can't believe that Jonathan hasn't been to Mammoth! I feel like that was our second home.

The only thing I would maybe add is going to all the different baseball stadiums. But maybe that's just something my husband cares too much about!

Jack Tyler said...

Top of the afternoon to you. A great list you have, and if you do half of it, you're sure to have a ball! A word on the World Famous San Diego Zoo: Come for atmosphere. Come for the ambiance. Come to say you've done it (be sure to get the shirt!), but don't expect to see as much as they'd have you believe. The habitats are very authentic. Translation: Most of the animals a hidden better than a Hollywood ninja most of the time. That's OK; a walk through the giant bird cage makes up for everything.

Have a blast!