Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Saving My Pennies

This weekend when Jonathan and I were doing some chores around the house I turned on the Ella Fitzgerald Pandora station. I have talked about my love for Ella before, but as my home was filled with her beautiful voice I was reminded again just how much I really love her (which of course is further proof I was born into the wrong decade).

Although I have known it has existed for awhile I was reminded how much I would love to have this:
It contains every song that she recorded from 1956-1964 in order of release. If I were to buy the actual box set it would contain 16 CD's! However, I have my eye set on the itunes version - which includes 254 songs and would be much quicker to get on my computer and ipod. Now...all I need to find is an extra $160 to add this to my music collection.
In the meantime I will settle for my Ella Pandora station and Christmas album.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ella is fantastic.

Check out Billie Holiday, and Sarah Vaughan too. Just add another pandora station. :)

Doug