Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Saying Thank You

Part of my job is to say Thank You to people. Well really I am supposed to appreciate and encourage people in such a way that they they know I am saying "Thank You!"

Thank You for loving students.
Thank You for taking time off of work to come on this trip with us.
Thank You for giving tirelessly EVERY week to your small group even though your students never acknowledge this.
Thank You for showing up at that freshman baseball game and sitting in the ninety degree weather in your business suit so that one student had a fan.
Thank You for calming that parent down...for praying with that student...for inviting him over for family dinner...for listening to her talk about her break-up with her boyfriend.
Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

Generally these Thank Yous come in the form of handwritten notes or a small token of my affection. I would rather be sending them on all expense paid vacation to Tahiti where they could sleep in a hut over the ocean while basking in the beauty of God's creation...but I can't.

So instead I buy stationary, and $5 Starbucks cards, and little trinkets that remind me of that person and I mail it to them.

How do you say Thank You?

No comments: