Pages

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Ok...Let's Go

You can find me sitting in my bedroom, with a baby sleeping in a crib next to me, in the finished and furnished basement of my in-laws house in Castle Rock, Colorado.

Because I live here now.
And I am a mom now.

Woah.

2012 was one for the books...a banner year...crazy. More than one big change took place, and it finally feels like I have slowed down enough to take it all in.

2013 sits ahead of me so fresh. So new. So open and ready for anything. And it is all going down in a new state with a new title. New, new new.

For the first time in fifteen years I don't have a job, and dare I even call myself {gulp} a stay-at-home-mom? And the thing about being a stay-at-home-mom is you have a lot of free time...kind of. When you have a three month old your free time comes in the form of 45 minutes slots, because that is about how often you have until you need to change a diaper, make a bottle, or make sure the proper tummy time is happening...but it is free time none the less. So I have been asking myself, "What do I want 2013 to look like?" And this question has just brought on so many other questions that need to be answered.

So I sit in this basement (which is probably 400 square feet bigger than my one-bedroom-Irvine apartment was...for your information) with my baby and my husband and my free time staring 2013 in the face with a "Go ahead and bring it" look on my face, because I think I am ready for whatever 2013 wants to swing at me...I think.


No comments: