Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I heart Straws

If you come to my house on a Thursday you will see an array of glasses and cups on the ottoman and in the sink with different colored straws in them. A collection of my beverage choices from all week long, that have yet to be picked up due to the business of the week. Water, Diet Coke, Iced Tea - I am not picky...but I do believe that every beverage tastes a little better with a straw (and out of red plastci Coca-Cola cup...but that is a different post). All those pink, green, and blue straws add character to our cute little home.

There are many things I love about drinking out of straws, but I was just reminded of a major reason while eating lunch today. Out of laziness I skipped the search for a straw at work today - although I have them in my desk and there are often some in the lunch room. As I finished up lunch and was taking my last sip of DC, something near disasterous happened, the ice lurched forward and threatened to spill the remains of my delicious beverage on my nice white shirt and cute grey dress. Save from a few drops of DC in my hair I was able to save my outfit for the rest of the day, but the truth is the whole situation could have been avoided with a straw in my cup.

In fact...I am going to go find a straw right now.

No comments: