Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Cheeseburger Cake Fail

I had this dream of creating the perfect Cheeseburger Cake for Jonathan's birthday, and set a goal for myself to make one.

I decided to make cheese and tomatoes out of melting chocolate and lettuce out of green marshmallow fluff. I was off to a good start.








Then I came home from work and had about an hour and a half to bake two cakes, frost them and put everything together. I wish I had a picture of the patty (chocolate cake) with the chocolate cheese on it. It actually looked like a hamburger patty.

Then I started to put everything else together and frost the bun (funfetti cake) when it was still warm and all disaster struck. To make a long story short - I failed!



And I was sad...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

It may have looked bad, but how did it taste? :)

Uncle Doug

Ange said...

A for effort!

Jake Rutenbar said...

i just remembered you were baking a burger cake...i couldn't figure out what was happening with that cake at the party! i thought a kid karate chopped it.