Pages

Saturday, July 04, 2009

My 4th of July morning as a St. Hilaire...

Last year Katie asked me to go to the Lake Forest 4th of July Parade with her, but I overslept and missed it. So this year when Ange told me she goes every year and her parents enter a float - I knew I needed to be there. So I woke up this morning and headed over to Ange's house, and all remaining members of the family (among some others) not on the float loaded up and walked to the parade route. We were quite a site with our wagon full of blankets and snacks, and rolling cooler full of drinks for a 1 hour parade.
I soon learned that although watching the parade is entertaining the real reason you go is to wait for the entered St. Hilaire float to pass by.

So we waited...

and waited...


and waited...

Ange said as soon as the float comes around the corner we had to get up and run over to be closer, so we stood up and waited.


The first view of the float...including Troy Aikman on the very top!


Luke got promoted from videographer to driver this year - and fit the part so well!

A lot of people on the float!


This is Ange's whole family running to take more pictures of the float.


Ange excited about the success of seeing the float.


Our work here is done. As soon as we saw the float we packed up all of our stuff and walked back home.


1 comment:

Ange said...

Good detailed outline of the day! Now everyone knows what it really takes to be a part of the Chang-hilaire dynasty. SOOO glad you were there to join in the joyous festivities!