Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

I saw fewer nominated movies in 2008 than I did in 2007, but did MUCH better than I did last year when it came to my ballot. I definitely made sure to do my homework, and out of the 13 people watching with us Josh, Jonathan and I all got 19 out of 24 categories right - all coming in first place. My first place prize was the movie Short Circuit...an oldy but a goody.



In keeping with our Oscar tradition everyone brings food that is themed to the nominated movies. We contributed Sean Penne Pasta, and Tropic Thunder (a delicious punch Jonathan concocted that was a mix of juices and tonic water with lots of cut up fruit inside).

There was also...A Slice of Revolutionary Road, Brownies with Chocolate "Frost"ing / Nixon, The Curry-ous Case of Benjamin Mutton, and Twinkies from Wall-E

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats! I like your new blog template, too!

Allison said...

I LOVE LOVE Short Circuit. Can we please watch it?

Some of my favorite parts:
"Los Lobos"
"Time's fun when you're having flies"