Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mom Bliss

It is almost 10am on Wednesday.
Macy is baking cookies in her kitchen.
Piper is taking a nap.
I am sitting on the couch drinking coffee, looking at my computer.
I am also savoring this moment of "mom bliss".

This is mom bliss, because these moments are few and far between.
It is not often that everyone is entertained. It is not often that someone doesn't immediately need something from me. It is not often that someone isn't demanding my attention. It is not often that everyone is quiet. It is not often that my to-do list isn't towering over my head.

Yes, there is laundry to be done and bathrooms to be cleaned and appointments to be made. Yes, I have things on my to-do list that have been there for three months, but just never take priority over the more pressing tasks. Yes, I have deadlines for work and a book to read for my small group and gifts to make for new babies.

But for now, I am choosing not to do those things.
I am instead choosing to sit in the quiet. I am choosing to be thankful for the moment of rest. I am choosing to drink my coffee while it is hot. I am choosing to just be.

Macy is now sitting next to me on the couch. She is {quietly} talking to some imaginary friend while she pretends one of her toys is an ice cream cone.
Piper is still sleeping.
And my coffee is still hot.
Mom bliss.

No comments: