Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dreaming & Doing

Something has changed inside of me. I have a much deeper level of reflection than before.
Before what? I'm not sure.
Perhaps kids, or being a stay-at-home mom, or maybe even before I lived in Colorado.

I can't exactly tell you when it happened, but something has changed inside of me, and my desire to make the best of what is to come has taken over the desire to make the same goal and resolutions that I make every year.

At the beginning of the year my Pastor challenged our church to pray that God would reveal a word to each person for 2015. It didn't take much prayer before I felt God impressing the word "action" on my heart. It didn't also take much reflection before I knew exactly what He meant by that word.

Keep dreaming, but start doing.

I could hear the still, small voice of God saying, " I have created you to be a dreamer and doer. You have a very specific gifting. Stop only thinking about what you could do with that gifting, and start doing it."

And just has God's voice echoed through my mind I found myself listening to this song on repeat.
 "Called Me Higher" // All Sons & Daughters 
I could hold on to who I am and never let you change me from the inside.
I could be safe here in your arms, and never leave them. 
Never let these walls down. 
But you have called me higher, you have called me deeper. 
And I will go where you will lead me Lord.
The words speak to my soul. They have become my prayer.

Because time is passing me by. My kids are getting bigger. Jonathan and I are getting older. And for crying out loud it is already mid February! And I don't want to be a person who only thinks about what could be. I want to be a person who savors every moment. I want to be a person who takes full advantage of every opportunity. I want to be a person who serves others, loves well, an and uses every gift that God has entrusted me with. I want to go on adventures. I want to show up when needed, before I am even asked. I want to lead people closer to God through the way I choose to dream and do. I want to be a person of action.


No comments: