Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

A New Motto

I have decided I am not making resolutions this year, but instead I am making change. In our home we have adopted a new motto for 2010: Less stuff, more experiences.

In just a week we will have a new residence. A much smaller more compact, but highly welcomed residence. As stressful as moving around the holidays is, I have been able to be so thankful for how freeing it is at the same time. What better time to have a new start than the new year? So many have asked if I am dreading moving. And the answer is...yes I am dreading just that - moving. I, however, am looking forward to packing. I actually enjoy looking over all of our stuff, and being thankful as well as getting rid of excess. I am also looking forward to unpacking. I welcome the challenge of finding places, and getting creative when putting everything in its new home.

What I am looking forward to most is less space. I know it sounds like the opposite of what people are yearning for - especially in California. I am looking forward to less space to clean, less space to feel like I need to decorate (and therefore fill with more "stuff"), less space to pay for!

And because we will have less space we will be able to do more! See more people, go more places, have more experiences!

No comments: