Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On the Move

We are once again on the move.
We LOVE living in our house, but it is big - too big. It takes a lot to keep up, clean, air condition, decorate, etc. So we have decided to go from our 4 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom apartment, and we couldn't feel be more excited about it.

Inspired by the show Hoarders (are you watching this show? why are you not watching this show? set your DVR RIGHT now!) we are cleaning up and out all of our stuff. As many times that I have giggled at people who said they were going to simplify their life - that is exactly what we are hoping to do.

Next year I will be taking the less is more approach, and I am hoping 2010 will be WAY more about experiences rather than stuff.

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Good for you, Ryanne! Less is more for sure! Less to wash, clean, heat, etc...makes life simpler and much more enjoyable.
Hoarders is AMAZING! I have cleaned my house 100 times since watching the first episode...and I've made three trips to the Goodwill.
The show also makes me feel like Miss America--skinny, beautiful and brilliant!

Scott and Katelyn said...

Hi Ryanne- this is Katelyn Cheo... remember me?:) good for you for being inspired by hoarders. I am inspired everytime I see a hoarder special on Oprah, I think to myself," gross! I have totally kept medication that I might need, just in case. time to throw it out!" anyways, less is more, experiences over things and simplify, simplify, simplify. find joy in the important stuff:)