Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

"Nothin' nothin'...absolutley nothin'"

The only thing wrong with doing nothing is you never know when you're finished. -Anonymous
All week we have been sweeping, shoveling, hanging and doing our best to get the Refinery ready for two grand opening events and the first four church services ever in the building. It has been an amazing time of bonding and excitement. Today was the first of two days off. I had all these plans do to things that I have been putting off for the last three weeks until we got through the chaos. On the list: a massage, pedicure, buy new make-up, get a car wash, do laundry, grocery shop, etc.

I have been known to waste a whole day doing nothing. I could easily watch a whole season of Veronica Mars in my bed, or play video games for eight hours. BUT today I did nothing. Absolutely nothing. It felt good this morning, but as we head into evening I am feeling a little bit like I wasted a perfectly good day off, and now I am down to just one more day off. I have a lot to accomplish tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ange said...

I love that Jana is the source of your title inspiration.

Allison said...

I'm so glad you had such a relaxing day of nothing! It felt nice to relax today...