Pages

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Geoduck...pronounced Gooey Duck

Last night while watching Dirty Jobs with my husband Mike Rowe was fishing for Goeducks...pronounces "Gooey Ducks". By fishing I mean kneeling in freezing cold mud. How do you know when you find a Goeduck? Well...it looks like this:



Or like this:



Or even like this:



Now you can call me dirty. But this is one of God's creations. I know what you are thinking...you are thinking "What is that thing???" Well the short version is it is a clam. Do know the complete definition click here. I am pretty sure the best part was not the absurdity of this animal, and God's clear sense of humor, but how the host of Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe, could not keep a staright face in ANY of the shots.

Now you know...

5 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I just can't......

Allison said...

you know that the guy who took the picture of the woman holding it was totally stoked.

no woman would take a picture like that voluntarily.

Anonymous said...

Dear God, can you please post something new. Everytime I got to your blog all I see is the tip of that nasty beast and people are getting the wrong idea!

Cathi said...

I'm officially grossed out, although I am happy to see that you are back to blogging.

Unknown said...

Very disturbing images on this website. JG